Of course he would never complain but the last time I cleaned in there, I noticed just how lame it looked and decided to fix it up.
This powder room is attached to our en suite bath so I wanted to keep the theme (monochrome beachy) the same.
I started with a canvas from the dollar store. I marked off 2-inch intervals with a pencil on the back.
Next I took some twine and wound it around the canvas, starting at the back (which I stapled using the staple gun). I wound the twine twice at every 2-inch mark, then did a diagonal on the back side. Here is the back side.
This is what the front looked like after I trimmed most of the scragglies:
I got out my glue gun and a bag of small shells (again the dollar store) and just starting gluing one shell per square.
After each square had a shell, this is what it looked like.
I hung it up. Pretty simple.
I found a clear glass vase and then picked some
This is where I'm partying: