I had a front door wreath dilemma. I've been without a wreath since winter (I know!!)) and I have been on the hunt for something that would inspire a nice spring wreath. Didn't happen. Then a nice summer wreath. Also didn't happen. Now it's the end of summer and I'm pushing the envelope into fall and lo and behold,....I have found some internal autumn wreath inspiration.
Woohoo. So,...I started with an empty front door, a grapevine wreath (from the thrift store for $2, another woohoo), a fall garland, some acorns from last year (with all grubs removed), and a ,....not sure what to call it,...fall piece with wheat, whirly things, and feathery things (and yes, that is the technical name for these pieces).
So, add all of those pieces together and you end up with a wreath worthy of the autumn front door. I tried to distribute each different piece of grapevine, corn husk or acorn so that everything was represented fairly evenly. I used the glue gun (only two finger burns) and held each piece to ensure a good bond. That was it. The bow was already made (attached to the whirly thing piece) and just needed to be glued on.
Here is the front entrance way with an annual grass (no, sorry, don't know what kind it is) and some mums.
There is something about the fall that I find so much easier and prettier than the other seasons. This wreath is the perfect example of that for me.
Sundae Scoop - I Heart Naptime