Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Crochet Stitch Marker

I recently tried my hand at making a crocheted cowl.  This was the second project that I have attempted that is crocheted in rounds (as opposed to rows).  The first project I did (this market bag), I kept getting confused as to where each row started so I thought that for the cowl I would make a stitch marker.



I started with what I had lying around:  some beads, eye pins and spring ring clasps (you could also use a lobster clasp).

f/7.1, 1/125, 1600ISO
I threaded the beads onto the pin.

f/7.1, 1/60, 1600ISO

Then I bent the pin so it had a loop at the end.  I found this to be the trickiest part.  Most of my loops are pretty wonky at first.  I have to play with them to get them round.  Well, round-ish.

f/7.1, 1/60, 1600ISO
I left the loop slightly opened and then slipped on the spring ring clasp and closed my wonky loop.  Now, I just clipped the stitch marker on the,..well, the stitch I wanted to mark, lol.  As I completed each round, I moved the stitch marker up a row and that kept my place.  Super easy to make and use.  I wish I could say the same about the cowl which may or may not end up being a craft fail.  I'll keep you posted on that.

f/7.1, 1/125, 1600ISO

This is where I'm partying:

4 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

So cute. I may have to upgrade from my safety pin stitch markers. :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea!!! I, like Amy, just use a safety pin. But this is so cute and probably easier to move. (I poke myself, a lot)

Macey said...

This just shows another reason why I'm such a novice crocheter because I have no idea what a stitch marker is. :)

Clotilde M/Craftybegonia said...

Those are not only practical but lovely!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...