Monday, December 26, 2011

Boxing Day

Well, this is certainly one of those days when it ultra pays to be Canadian.  It's Boxing Day here which means another day off.  Today I will be slaving over the stove and having family over for dinner.  Love it.  :)

This is the menu:

turkey with bread stuffing
mashed potatoes and gravy
ham with pineapple glaze
asparagus with shallots and pancetta
roasted turnip, celeriac, and carrots
Boirsin-stuffed mushrooms

And dessert:
Source

How cute is this?  We'll also have cookie trays.  Mmmmm,....cookies.

I hope your Boxing Day is fabulous, whether you celebrate or not.  :)

6 comments:

Adrianne Surian said...

Sounds wonderful. Have a great day, Terry!

Adrianne

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your Boxing Day!

Mindy said...

That sounds deeeelicious!!!!!

Unknown said...

I so wish we had boxing day!! Sounds like a lot of fun.:)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Happy Boxing Day Terry. Hope you have a great time. Try not to eat as much as I did yesterday. I've been rolling around the house all day. lol

Macey said...

Sounds awesome!
Now tell me what the heck Boxing day is exactly! ;)

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...