Monday, December 12, 2011

Adorable Mitten Ornaments

There is something about little tiny mittens that makes you nearly cry, they are just that cute.  I don't know what it is but I saw these cuties on Pinterest and just had to give them a try.  The tutorial is from The Feathered Nest and Dawn does a fabulous job explaining the steps.  She even has a template that you can print and use to cut out the mittens, here.

The Feathered Nest

I had some difficulty getting the sizing right.  I thought I wanted them really small but then they were too hard to work with.  So this is my first attempt.  I don't know if I didn't cut out the thumb well enough or if it was my sewing that was lacking, but this really ended up looking more like a stocking, lol.

where the thumb should be, lol

I enlarged the template and made sure to the cut out the thumb better and this is what I got.  This version is a little more festive (aka glittery).  This is the ornament that I have donated to be part of One Artsy Mama's awesome Christmas ornament giveaway.  Head on over to Amy's site to enter.  The contest starts on Wednesday (Dec 14th).


I'm happy that it actually looks like a mitten in this version.  Here's a different take, a little less glittery:

f/5, 1/200, 1600ISO

And an actual stocking.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute, Cute!!! Great job. I am going to have to go print out a template!

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Very cute, Terry! Wouldn't a tree full of these mittens look fantastic. I love gold and white/cream together.

Your mitten ornament reminded me of how my babies never put their thumbs in the thumb hole of their mittens. They always had their tiny hands balled up into fists!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

How adorable!! How did I miss those on Pinterest? I agree with Yvonne, a tree full of those would be awesome! Better start now for next year! Lol!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I'm obsessed right now with these mini stockings. They are so fun to make. Very quick which I love. The mittens are a great idea...and so is the felt. I have a bunch of wool felt I bought for a penny rug project and never did. (Shocker there.)Maybe stockings and mittens instead!

Jamie said...

Wow so pretty!!

Thanks for joining Make Yourself Monday!! :o)

Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

Special 'K' said...

They are so precious.Thanks for sharing, I will follow on my way out so I know the path back to your lovely blog. I hope you will find the time to come visit my place soon and do the same. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and look forward to supporting your blog in 2012. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Marilyn said...

Aww, super adorable.. I LOVE it.. So pretty.. I would LOVE for you to Please stop in and share/link via my Pin Inspirational Party happening today : )) *SOO pin Worthy!!* THANK YOU.. Wishing you an amazing rest of the week.. ~ Marilyn http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/12/hello-artsy-friends-stopping-in-today.html

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...