Thursday, December 15, 2011

Photography Challenge - Week #20

Well, this is it.  Kind of a sad day.  We've been meeting here every Thursday for 20 weeks now (well, 21 if you count Thanksgiving week) and learning more about taking better photos.  And now, this is the last day for A Step in the Journey's photo challenge.

This week's theme is a self-portrait.  I have to say that this isn't my favourite topic but I did comply with the rules and tried to get a bit of a bokeh experience going on as well (in the second photo I mean).

This was my first thought:

f/3.5, 1/25, 1600ISO

It felt a little like cheating, so I did do an entire head shot.  That sort of reveal doesn't happen often, lol.  Of course, I couldn't get a decent smile (and I swear I took 25 photos) so I'm afraid you're stuck with the smart alec smirk (suits me better anyway, I suppose).  Sorry about your luck.

f/3.5, 1/25, 1600ISO

Are you noticing a trend in the ISO department?  I have definitely developed a habit of forgetting to change my ISO setting.  I am going to go set it to AUTO right now so I don't keep shooting at 1600ISO.

If you want to check out the other entries (for the last time,..sniff) or add your own photos, head on over:




There is still another photography challenge at Fabulously Flawed and this week's themes are:

animals

f/3.5, 1/2, 1600ISO


memories


f/4.2, 1/15, 1600ISO
seasonal

f/4.5, 1/15, 1600ISO

Please head on over to Lesley's site to check out the other entries.  

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You look beautiful in your photos! Good call on doing a full head shot.

Great shot of your dog. I LOVE the sketches! They turned out great. And a cute wreath! Great photos this week. I know I am going to miss the photo challenge a little too.:(

Etcetorize said...

That's an awesome self portrait! Great job. It's hard to take photos of yourself, I always feel quite silly fake smiling into nothing but a camera. My best shots come when I pretend someone I love is standing right behind it~

Macey said...

Yer purty! :)
I hate when I forget to change the settings and I have a once in a lifetime shot and blow it. :/

Kei said...

Great photos! I love the eyes shot especially :) Isn't it hard to get a smiley picture?! I always struggle with that lol

LP aka A Crafty Southern Chick said...

I wish I knew about the 'ISO' and all that fancy photography stuff ;) I don't have a clue, and I'm not brave enough to play around with my simple little camera! Go you! :)

Rosa B. said...

Cute self-portraits! You have beautiful blue eyes! My husband and I both have dark eyes, but our two boys have gorgeous blue eyes! :)
I've enjoyed following you through the photo challenge! I'm kinda sad it's over as well!

Unknown said...

Terry! These are great shots! What purdy blue eyes you have, my dear!
It has been so fun following your "shots"!
Kerry at HouseTalkN

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Look at you, you little cutey patootie! Your blue eyes are just beautiful!

Laura Beth said...

Your eyes are SO blue & the photo is just lovely. Bright & clear! I like a high ISO every now and then. Thanks for being a part of the journey!!

Adrianne Surian said...

Well, I think you look lovely, smirk and all. :P

Jeanna said...

Love the smirky smile... You have been such a great support for me and my blog through this challenge... Thanks!

Jeanna @ dramaqueenseams.com

Anonymous said...

Georgeous blue eyes!!!!!! Thanks for all the tips chicky.... Now I really don't have to take that photo class!!

Lesley said...

You're obnoxiously pretty.
So guess what? Last night I finally decided to look into this ISO crap and play with my new camera.
Um did you know that you can practically get night vision by opening up everything?! I mean, photos that would have been dim and boring look fabulous! I took some photos of my Christmas tree last night and they're so neat!

Wendy @HerBallistic Garden said...

You look very pretty! Don't EVER be afraid to show your beautiful face! The spool knitting looks interesting too...reminds me of going to Supie in the park as a kid and everyone walking around with long wool circles trailing from our "corkers"! Merry Christmas to you & hubby! xo

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...