Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More Halifax Beads?

Oh yes sirreee,....more beads and therefore more projects from the Halifax mix.  :) :) :)

This is a super simple necklace.  I used silver beading wire (.3 mm) and just alternated large beads with small in the centre portion.


Then dark purple with lighter pinky/purple for the left and right sections.


For the findings at the end, I started with crimp beads.  This week is the first time I've tried using them, and they are a blessing.


At the end, I fed the wire through the crimp bead (you can see it right by my index finger,....so tiny), then fed the wire through the end piece, and then back through the crimp bead.  Then I used my pliers and squished the crimp bead (yes, that is the technical term) so that everything would stay put.  Clipped the extra wire and called it a day.  Well, I repeated on the other side, THEN called it a day.  :)

Okay,...here goes for all you people who insist on a head in the necklace-modeling shot.  This is after a day in the garden with 90-degree weather and a humidex much higher.  So, don't say I didn't warn you.  :)


This is where I'm partying:


8 comments:

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Beautiful necklace!!! It looks wonderful on you.

Dee

Mindy said...

LOL! I knew you could do it. :o)

You've been a busy little bee with all those beads! You should give them as Christmas gifts!!!

Unknown said...

Pretty! I like it a lot! And it's nice to see your face. ;)

Michelle said...

Great pic Terry! I am loving that necklace.

Unknown said...

Hi Terry.
What a great necklace. I love the length on you. You are inspiring me to restring a few necklaces I have.
Traci

Unknown said...

Yea I am so excited to see your lovely face!!! I LOVE the necklace too. I really like the length and the big deep purple beads are one of my favs so far. You work fast! So many beautiful pieces you have made in the last week!!

Debbiedoos said...

Cute cute cute....Love the beads.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

You look pretty good to me! We have the same hair color...mine isn't exactly natural though.

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...