Friday, July 1, 2011

Garden and Bracelet Updates

Update #1:

You aren't going to believe that I could be putting up another jewelry post, yet here it is, lol.  I ran out of 30-gauge wire and had to switch to 36-gauge wire.  This was a great happenstance.  The bracelet I made with the thinner wire was so much nicer, not as stiff, much prettier.


I am completely converted over to the thinner wire now.



Update #2:

Ann from On Sutton Place asked for some closeup pictures of our centre area so the plant material could be seen.  Here ya go, Ann:




As expected by those who know me, I don't know what most of the plants are but here are some closer shots of them:

???

Campanula?
Astilbe?
???

Pinks (yay, I know one)
???
???

The Famous (infamous?) Hydrangea
Update #3:

The Veggie Garden:  Here is a before picture from June 11th.

June 11, 2011
And this is how it looks today:

June 29, 2011
Does that even seem possible?  The kale has exploded (I had a massaged kale salad today that you'll hear about next week), the lettuce is nearly finished, the mesclun is crazy, don't even talk to me about the mustard greens, and the herbs are all rocking.  Zucchini, cucumbers and tomatoes are all showing signs of life.  I love this time of year.  Well, I love when the tomatoes are ripe better, but this is really, really good too.

To all my fellow Canadians, Happy Canada Day.  We're going to be watching a parade, eating too much and perhaps having a glass or two of wine at my mom's.  Hope everyone's day is fabulous!

4 comments:

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

I think your veggie garden looks like someone slipped steroids into the Miracle Grow. I can't believe how well everything is growing!

It seems very unfair to me that your kale gets a massage, and I have to beg my husband for a shoulder massage! Happy Canada Day. (Mcdonalds wasn't so bad by the way;)

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Your veggie garden looks amazing! Your centre garden will be incredible when it fills out. I wish I could help you with the names of your plants. Very pretty bracelet too!

Mindy said...

I have no idea what that white flower is. I need leaves. Reminds me of an evergreen clematis. The purple above it is a geranium. Pinks is correct. Gold star. The one above that is a mandevilla. I love them - they won't winter over here. :o( Above that is astilbe, another gold star. Campanula - three stars. The first one is a mystery to me as well. Again, I need leaves. Pentes maybe? I love the golden colored plants. Barberry? They're all pretty!!!!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...