Thursday, July 21, 2011

First Bead Project

Well it didn't take me long to dig into those new beads from Halifax.  I had seen the Anthropologie necklace knock-off on two different sites:  Amy from One Artsy Mama and another from Beverly at Flamingo Toes so I thought I would give it a shot.

I wanted to add more of the large beads to the necklaces so I alternated the chameleon beads that were sort of green and brownish-orange.  They have a shimmery multi-colour effect so I used some seed beads for in between that had that same quality.



In the end, I like this necklace but I made a mistake that will bug me every time I wear it.  I put a centre bead on the shorter necklace and not on the longer necklace.  It makes the longer necklace hang a little funny and my obsessive nature doesn't like it.  Next time I'll make sure the longer necklace has that centre bead.

See what I mean? The longer strand looks wonky.


I also did some earrings and a bracelet to match.



I was pleased with the bracelet and earrings.  I flipped the longer section of the necklace over my head and I really like the single strand much better.  I think I'll separate them and find a larger charm to hang from the unloved longer strand.  Maybe that will fix it.



In the meantime, more beads and more jewelry tomorrow.  Stay tuned.

Here's where I'm partying:




HookingupwithHoH

Somewhat Simple

Thrifty Thursday Party





Photobucket
I Heart Naptime




7 comments:

Michelle said...

They turned out amazing!
Such talent!

Mindy said...

I think they're super cute.
Next time, don't cut your head off.

Unknown said...

I wondered if these were yours!! Saw you at a creative princess. :) I agree with Mindy show your lovely face. They turned out great!! I love the multi-colored beads.

Unknown said...

You are too funny. :) I like the seed beads you used with your larger ones; they're a good compliment. I actually put a center bead on both strands, and I think Beverly did too...it works and makes things hang right. That lower strand would bother my OCD too. ;) The matching earrings and bracelet are awesome...I need to make some of those to go with mine!

Ispirato Design said...

As I read your beading adventures I am thinking that I want to try it, but the logical side of my brain is saying that if I add one more thing to my life it will melt down. So, for now, I shall live vicariously through you. Everything you've made has turned out beautifully!

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Following from I Heart Naptime link party. Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog {if you haven‘t already!}. Hope to see you there.

Ginger
gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I think you did a fantastic job. WAY better than anything I could ever do! I also wanted to stop by and tell you I'll be featuring this on tomorrows Thrifty Thursday link party!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...