Friday, July 22, 2011

More Beaded Jewelry

This is the second little project made from the Halifax beads (makes them sound like an actual type of bead, doesn't it).  I am much more pleased with this set.


The round beads have a mother-of-pearl opulence to them but are mostly grey instead of having that rainbow spectrum.  These were beads I already had.  The funkier black and silver beads were from the recent Halifax trip.


I did the bracelet and necklace on stretchy jewelry cord because that was all I had hanging around.  The bracelet is just tied at both ends and then held with a little drop of glue-gun glue.  Then I tucked the knot into the nearest bead hole to hide it.


The pendant would look nicer with a different cord I think, something silver maybe, but I like this version too.  It's a little longer than my usual length which I'm liking.


The earrings were a bit of a challenge.  The long dangly pair are nice but a little long for everyday.


I tried playing around with a couple of designs.  These are studs with the Halifax bead on either side of the round stone.  These were too big for my ears and made my earlobe flop back.  NOT attractive, lol.


I tried removing one side of the earring to see if it would sit better.  It didn't.  (By the way, does everyone's face look that hairy in photos? I swear I don't have a beard in real life).  



Finally I settled on a simple stud and this seems to have worked for me.


Have a fabulous weekend.

This is where I'm partying:

Photobucket



I Heart Naptime

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful! You should really start sellng these on Etsy.

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

Thanks Terry! ;) Agreeing with Michelle here...keep at it, they look good!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

They're great and I agree, you should sell your jewelry on Etsy! Although if you're anything like me, I always forget about my Etsy shop! I really need to stop all the silly stuff one day and get more in there!

Unknown said...

Ooh, Nice! I'm glad you clarified...I'd have been asking the girls at the Potomac Bead Co if they had any Halifax beads...lol.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

These are great...especially the earrings. I think it's really special that you bought these beads on your trip and now you have the jewelry as a memento. And I agree...you could definitely sell your stuff. :o)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

These are really cool Terry. The colors work great together. You have a talent my dear.

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...