Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Umbrellas for Your Drinks

These are so cute and super easy.  I saw them on the Martha Stewart site and had to try them.  She calls them Drink Parasols.  I just call them Those Adorable Little Umbrellas for your Drink.  :)


Martha's site has a download so you can print out the colourful umbrellas shown above.  You just print, cut out the circles, cut a little slit in each umbrella, fold into a cone and glue or tape. Poke a skewer through the end and you've got a nice drink umbrella or centrepiece component.


You could do this with scrapbook paper to get an entirely different feel to the umbrellas or even cardstock that you embellish.  Endless possibilities.  :)  All of them - too cute.

Linking up here:










HookingupwithHoH

6 comments:

Mindy said...

How cute are those!? Now I just need a pool boy. Oh, and a pool.

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Ha ha ha... Mindy's funny... I need a pool boy and a pool too!

I love these umbrella sticks! I like that they can be large scale- that always makes such a statement.

Little City Farm said...

Well I think all the ladies agree on the pool/pool boy front. :)

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

These are so adorable and the idea can be used to decorate for many different occasions!

(Wouldn't turn down the pool boy, either!)

Thanks for sharing,
Barb

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

What a great idea to use scrapbook paper...oh and the pool boy? Send him my way!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

How cute! I agree, we all need a pool boy! Let's get to work on that! Thanks for linking up, Terry!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...