Sunday, July 24, 2011

Butterfly Award

Bring on the dancing girls.  Kadie from Seven Alive was awarded the Butterfly Award (congrats to Kadie),  and when charged with the duty of awarding this honour to someone else,  thought of my little blog.  (By the way, do check out Kadie's blog -- love it!!) What a fabulous surprise and honour.  (Thanks Kadie!)

This award comes complete with this adorable butterfly and some responsibilities.



Rules (I love rules):
1.  Link back to the person who awarded you.
2.  Share 7 things about yourself that people probably don't know. 
3.  Answer the questions below. 
4.  Award this to 7 bloggers that you feel are deserving.

My Picks
(I didn't pick all crafty-type blogs, which I hope is okay, because there are some fabulous blogs that cover issues that I believe benefit all of us who are struggling to find balance in our crazy lives.)

(I also didn't repeat any of Kadie's blogs in order to spread around more love, but do check out her picks - they're all great)


Already Pretty (Sally -- tips and advice for women on regular budgets who want to look and feel fabulous every single day)

C.R.A.F.T. (creating really awesome free things)

Dreaming in Color (Deneen -- sharing her passion for design and love of dreaming up something creative)

On Sutton Place (Ann with no 'e' - looking to share ideas and inspiration, with a special love of fabric)

Villa Barnes (Rosemary - taking sad and discarded things and turning them into something wonderful)

Wardrobe Oxygen (Allie - believing every woman is utterly gorgeous and can feel beautiful and stylish no matter her budget or body)

Smart Pretty and Awkward (Molly - sharing tips to be smarter, prettier, and less awkward, plus powerful quotations)


Now, 7 things you might not know about me.  Here goes:


1.  I love sweets and hate clutter and cannot have either in my house at any time or that will be all I think about, and it will make me feel edgy and unsettled and perhaps even just a little bit mean until the culprit disappears.

2.  I started playing ice hockey when I was 13 and played until age 22.  (I'm Canadian.  You're not that surprised are you?)

3.  I faint when I give blood (which I am no longer allowed to do), when I smack a joint (and I'm pretty clumsy), and when it's too hot out and I haven't drank enough water.

4.  I wrote a letter when I was 10 to the Canadian government to request the ban of seal hunting.

5.  I talk in my sleep.

6.  I went to school for journalism (1 year), accounting (1 year), early childhood education (1 year,..do you see a pattern here?), chemistry (finally graduated) and nursing (yes, graduated this time too).  I could go to school for the rest of my life; I love learning things so much.

7.  I am a HUGE Boston Bruins fan.  HUGE.  No, seriously HUGE.  


Are you still hanging in there with me?  One more step:

Favourite Colour:  
in general: green, preferably something fresh like a spring green
for the house: earthy greens and golds
just to look at:  purple, blue
for wine:  red
for a car, dog or dress:  black 
(see, it depends)

Favourite Song:
anything by Michael Buble, sigh (though this changes frequently)

Favourite Dessert:
creme brulee! (for me this is a no-brainer)

What wizzes you off
bad manners, big time!!

When you're upset you?
eat (though to be fair, eating is my response to most emotions) (okay ALL emotions)

Favourite pet, black or white? 
both - black/grey striped Moe with a white tip on his tail

Biggest fear: 
oh I'm afraid of everything (noises in the house, darkness, ruining a meal in front of company, seeing one of my babies hurt, running out of wine, you name it)

Best feature:
eyes (even though one is actually two colours - my father might have been a husky)

Everyday attitude:  
    grateful

Perfection is
curling up in bed with one cat at my chest, one at my lower back, the dog at the foot of the bed, and hubbie's leg across mine.  Sweet contentment.

Guilty pleasure:
a second glass of wine with dinner (or a third, no - I'm kidding, of course, really)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I laughed out loud at your running out of wine fear. That's a serious anxiety at my house - under normal, non-knocked-up circumstances of course.

Clutter also makes me anxious. I can't relax in a room if I see something out of place. I'll shovel stuff to another room just to have peace on the couch. Or I'll slam things around in a frenzy until it's all cleaned up. :o)

Michael Buble is a stud.

I knew you must have some wild dog in your lineage.

Second glass with dinner is normal. Depending on how many courses, so is a third. If you haven't finished the bottle by the time you've gone to bed, that's just wasteful.

Molly said...

Thanks so much for the butterfly award, Terry! I love that you wrote a letter requesting on a ban on seal hunting when you were ten :)

Hope you're having a great Sunday!

xo
Molly from SP&A

Unknown said...

Great job on your award post!!! I am impressed that you have been to school so much!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Congrats on your award Terry. I love your everyday attitude. Thanks for mentioning me.

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Congrats on the award and thank you for awarding me with it! So honored!

I also talk in my sleep and like green! And love creme brulee!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...