Friday, July 8, 2011

Flower Bracelet

I cut my finger making lunch today.  One of those nuisance cuts that bleed too long and are super sensitive to the touch afterwards, but aren't really deep and certainly don't get you any sympathy from the peanut gallery.  I hate those cuts.  (Lunch was a veggie stir-fry that was delicious though so I didn't feel TOO sucky about it).

The big problem came when I tried to finish up my crocheted bracelet.  Ouch. Every crochet stitch involved that cut finger and not just that finger, but exactly where that cut was.  Did I say ouch?

Ah well.  I persevered and came up with this little baby.  The crochet method for this bracelet was inspired by a tutorial on CraftStylish by Cheri Dowd.  She does a fantastic tutorial, complete with step-by-step photos.  Check it out here.


I used a black wire this time (obviously) but lost the wrapping so I'm not sure of the gauge.  I would guess that it is about a 26.  The trickiest part was attaching the little florettes together.  I tried a few methods that didn't work well and then settled on feeding the black wire a couple of times through rosette A and then crossing over to rosette B and again feeding the wire through a couple of times to reinforce it.  It worked okay but gives a bit of a stiff presentation to the bracelet.



I really like the black wire with the turquoise bead combo and had two rosettes leftover, so I made stud earrings.  They aren't identical but close enough once they're in your ears I think.



Linking up here:





Weekend Bloggy Reading

Sundae Scoop Link Party














15 comments:

Michelle said...

So pretty! I love that you made matching earrings.

Mindy said...

Super cute! And no blood stains even. ;o)

jess@balancing the dream said...

I LOVE this!!! perfect color!!

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Terry, you have such patience with your crafts, and it really shows. Your jewelry looks so fantastic, and to think you had to make the bracelet with a sore finger!

Unknown said...

Oooh! Boy is that fun! I'm going to check out that tutorial now!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

What a lovely piece!! Love the contrast of the wire with those pretty beads. :) Thanks for link up (and linking back!) with Weekend Bloggy Reading! :)

Shoumi Aslam said...

Thanks for your comments in my blog !!!

I LOVE this!!! nice color!!

Mallory said...

Very cute! Kinda reminds me of a little birds nest with a blue egg in it! Love the colors! :)
http://mallicious.blogspot.com/

Miss Kitty said...

that is very cool! I am just beginning to learn how to crochet so it is nice to know that there are other things besides "soft" items to use that skill with. Crocheting with wire...who knew???

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

No pain no gain! I love your bracelet.

Dee

Melissa and Scott said...

So pretty and unique! Love the color combo too.

Melissa

Sweet Lily said...

Wow! Cool!
I'm gonna introduce your blog to my wife, she's gonna love it.

Debbiedoos said...

I missed this post the first time around...better late than never. Great looking pieces here, you are so talented.

Debbiedoos said...

I was on vaca that week, now I remember why LOL.

Lesley said...

Terry! These are gorgeous!
I absolutely love the contrast of the dark wire against the bright blue beads.
I'm just starting to take wire jewelry a little more seriously and have a sudden excitement for using it more. And hammered wire...I've been waking my kids up at 6am all week with my hammering sounds.
Anyways...before I write my life story here...you did great.

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...