Monday, January 16, 2012

SUNDAY SOUP - Bean 'n Bacon Soup

My dad used to be a huge Campbell's Bean 'n Bacon Soup fan so my brother and I developed a love for it too.  This homemade version is even better.

f/4.5, 1/15, 100ISO

This is the recipe I used as inspiration.  It calls for a pound of bacon which was way too much.  I used 3 slices.  Chop into small pieces and brown.  If your bacon gives off a lot of grease you will want to drain (or pat the pan with paper towel to absorb the grease). Mine was fine and didn't need this step (or maybe I just like bacon grease).

f/4, 1/15, 110ISO

Add in chopped onion, celery and carrots.  Throw in a bay leaf and a bit of dried thyme.  Let this cook down until the veggies are somewhat soft.

f/5.3, 1/15, 125ISO
Add in 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 5 cups of chicken stock and white beans.

f/5.3, 1/15, 500ISO
Let this simmer for 30-60 minutes and then try not to eat the whole pot.  Sooooo good.

f/4.5, 1/15, 110ISO

I found this recipe over at For the Love of Cooking and it is very close to what I did, so if you're looking for exact measurements, this will work for you.

I'm partying here:
Make It Great Monday (Etcetorize)

9 comments:

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Oh, it sounds delicious! You really do take the most awesome food photos!

Unknown said...

Yummy!! However I think we would use the pound of bacon.:) I second Terri your food photos are fabulous.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I love bean and bacon soup, but have never tried making it myself. Now I will have to give it a shot!
Briana @ babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I would eat the whole pot.

Adrianne Surian said...

I have never heard of too much bacon. :)

It's certainly soup season - and I have got to try some of your recipes. This looks like it would warm you up on a chilly day!

Macey said...

I really need to make this one day, we love beans and bacon!

momto8 said...

oohh I can smell that bacon now!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Oh this looks AMAZING!! I need a big ole bowl of this for dinner I think!

P.S This is your favorite Lindsay ;)

InteriorGroupie said...

That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...