Monday, April 30, 2012

Wheel of Life - Introduction

For the next few weeks, I want to talk about the Wheel of Life.  Not to be confused with the Circle of Life.  Nobody is going to be holding up a lion cub.

Not the circle of life

I first heard about The Wheel of Life through Kimberly Wilson in her book called Hip Tranquil Chick.  This is a fabulous book that is founded on "a movement to live in a way that shines,...on and off the yoga mat."*1 I heartily recommend this book as I have taken away so many nuggets of wisdom, but I especially love the Wheel of Life exercise.

Hip Tranquil Chick

The Wheel of Life has 8 spokes or life areas:  

CAREER
CREATIVITY
FINANCES
HEALTH
HOME ENVIRONMENT
RELATIONSHIPS
SELF-CARE
SPIRITUALITY

The idea is to look at each of these areas in your life, and then rate your satisfaction on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being super satisfied, and 1 is not so much).  This is what I want us to do tomorrow.  I'll have printables and everything.  ;)

Then, the next step is to notice where you might need to work on things and make two or three (or however many you want) actions to improve that area.  That will be Wednesday.

In each week following this one, we'll take a look at one of these categories more closely.  This is how each week will look:

Monday - interviews/articles/book reports
Tuesday - tips as per theme of the week
Wednesday - craft/printable/recipe
Thursday - party as usual (all work and no play,...)
Friday - quotes as per theme of the week

Next week, we will have a chat with Traci Nelson from Blue Toad, and find out her tips for starting up an etsy shop.  Tuesday we will have blogging tips from some of our fellow bloggers, and Wednesday will be some motivational printables.

I really hope that you are going to enjoy this series.  To get a jump on tomorrow, you might want to start thinking about the categories and how you would rate them.  I'll see you tomorrow with some downloadable Wheel of Life samples.

References:
*1 - Hip Tranquil Chick by Kimberly Wilson


I'm partying here:
It's A Party (A Creative Princess)

8 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

This should be interesting! Always room for some self-improvement.....I'm all in!

Carol-Anne said...

This looks amazing and perfectly timed for my life needs at the moment~ Bring it on!

Tina Bradley said...

Wonderful idea. Looking forward to this series, Terry! T.

Unknown said...

This is going to be awesome!! I am looking forward the the rest of this week and to see what you have for the coming weeks. You always have the best series.

One Blue Paige said...

I'm really looking forward to this, Terry! :)

Mindy said...

Ditto. I'm anxious for each part. :o)

Adrianne Surian said...

I have to say, I think my wheel of life experience would be much richer if I could incorporate a lion cub. But if you say no, then I guess I'll have to follow the rules.

Can't wait!!

Etcetorize said...

This will be wonderful! I'm looking forward to your posts. I did a Fred Prior course ages ago that included the Wheel of Life and it changed my life. It really made me figure out what I wanted out of life and what steps I need to take to make the changes.

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...