Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Wreath

When it was so warm last week, I was embarrassed to notice our Christmas wreath still on the door. So down it came.  I was thinking that no wreath was better than an out-of-season wreath, but the empty door was starting to bother me.

Then I started to see all of these great Easter and spring wreaths and I was inspired. But lazily inspired.  I didn't feel like going out to buy anything, so stash busting became part of the criteria.


I had yellow and blue ribbon that I made into flowers.  I added some yellow flowers, butterflies and a songbird, then the bunting.  That actually took me way longer than it should have.  I finally found a download at Ruffled that did the trick.


Some hot glue here and there.  A fresh polka-dot bow to hang it.



As I hung it up I looked outside -- and saw it snowing.  :(  Happy Spring.

Do you have a spring wreath or is your winter wreath still gracing your door?

This is where I'm partying:

8 comments:

Tina Bradley said...

Lovely wreath!! T.

Kara Renee said...

Such a cute wreath! Stinks for the snow though! Yesterday was my first time seeing a yarn wreath in person/not on Pinterest. It was so cute!

Unknown said...

Love your wreath...it is sooo festive and very Springy! Wishing you a lovely day! Hugs

Unknown said...

Great job Terry!! I'm glad you found a bunting you liked. So colorful and cute. I sadly have not had a wreath since January. There are so many cute ones lately I really want to make one! I better get on it before spring is over. Stinky about the snow.:(

Macey said...

I love that!
I got my Spring crap out Saturday. And that's as far as I've made it. LOL

Mindy said...

Well aren't you festive! Sadly, I don't have a single thing on my front door. I don't want to draw any more attention to the fact that I STILL haven't painted my screen door that The Dad rebuilt last summer. :o)

Carol-Anne said...

The mini bunting is fab! So pretty and bright!

Spring keeps coming and then going here too....but I'm thinking winter isn't gonna be able to hold out too much longer!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

It's so stinkin' cute! You did a great job, but are you going to show us how you made the flowers out of ribbon?

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...