Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Salmon Packets

I love easy.  Tasty and easy? That really makes my day, and that's exactly what these little fish packets are.

I actually went in search of white fish but the supermarket didn't have any (??!!) so I settled on some salmon steaks.  Didn't matter, this method made them taste awesome.


I put the salmon on a piece of parchment and topped with artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, black olives and parsley.  Then I drizzled with a bit of the artichoke marinade and some dried chillies.


You could really throw in whatever you enjoy in the packets:  zucchini and red peppers, capers, dill, chives.  Whatever floats your boat.  Once you've piled on all of the goodies that you want to include, wrap up the salmon like a little present; nice and tight to keep in all of the moisture.


Cook for 12-15 minutes in a 450-degree oven.  I put the little packets on a cookie sheet in case the liquid oozed out.  I know we're all big fans of easy clean-up.


You can serve right from the parchment or plate it up.  Just remember to be careful of the hot steam when you open it.


This is where I'm partying:

9 comments:

Donata @ DK's Craft Cafe said...

Thanks a lot for sharing this. We love salmon!

Adrianne Surian said...

Oooh, Terry, this looks fantastic!! I have to confess, I have *never, ever* cooked fish. I don't want my house to smell like it! I order it all the time out at restaurants but I am just nervous about it at home. It might not be as bad as I think??

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Oh my gosh, it looks and sounds amazing! We love salmon around here!

Lesley said...

There's a possibility I was drooling while reading this. Ma Lawd.
And pairing it with asparagus...? You is genius.

Maureen Wyatt said...

I've done salmon in tin foil packets before, but never in parchment paper. I'm going to give this a try for sure! It probably cooks through faster. ~ Maureen

Unknown said...

Salmon is one of our favorite foods!! When ever people ask Abba what her favorite foods are she says, craw-fish, salmon, and spaghetti. Funny. Anyway I have never cooked them in a packet before. This looks so good I am totally going to have to asap!! Can't wait.:)

Mindy said...

My mom is constantly telling me to try cooking in parchment. She even bought me some in an attempt to give me the nudge. Still haven't done it.
I'm still off fish since the hubby's worm incident, but I hear chicken is delicious too. The combo of stuff you put in sounds super yummy.

Unknown said...

These look fabulous! Pinning for my menu planner!

Lesley said...

Featured this BTW!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...