Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Grillin' - Zucchini and Tomatoes

This is another one of those super simple sides that really fits in well with most grilled mains, meat or vegetarian.  Versatile, great-tasting, and healthy.  The perfect trifecta.



Cut up zucchini, halve some cherry or grape tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and dump out onto foil.



If you're feeling adventurous, you might want to add crushed chillies for heat or maybe some herbs.  I snagged some basil from the garden.



I actually forgot the garlic and had to open up the packet to make sure it got in there.  I can't imagine this combo without garlic.  If you make it without garlic, please don't even tell me.



Throw it on the grill for 10-12 minutes (depending on how al dente you like your veggies), and then serve with parmesan cheese over top.


You could cook a little longer so that the tomatoes release some juices and then toss with pasta or served over some whole-wheat couscous.  Happy grillin'.


This is where I'm partying:
A Creative Princess
Mom On Timeout
Fine Craft Guild
Bear Rabbit Bear
Happy Hour Projects
One Artsy Mama


12 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Yummm! We're doing lots of grilling in this heat, so I've been looking forward to this series! This looks great and yes to garlic!

Lynn said...

Sounds good! My first zuke is just getting big enough to pick! Happy 4th of July:@)

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

I'll be right over! Love zucchini!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Yummy! I love the cheese on top!

Unknown said...

Ha,ha,ha don't worry we wouldn't want to give you nightmares of food with no garlic in it.:) This looks fantastic! How clever are you to put it in a foil pack so it doesn't fall between the grill plate.:)

Tina Bradley said...

I am pretty much vegetarian these days. Can't wait to try this one!!! Thanks for the inspiration, T.

Adrianne Surian said...

Oh, yummy, Terry! I never think of grilling veggies except for corn on the cob.

Also, on a semi-related note... the birds love my basil!! :( I'm not sure if I'll be getting any or not, when they are done!

Macey said...

LOVE grilled veggies.

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

This looks so yummy! Grilling veggies is one of my favorite things about summer :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Yummy, yummy in my tummy ;o) I agree with you on the garlic! Love my garlic ;o)

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I would never make this without the garlic I promise. I pinned it to my Recipe board too. :o)

Anonymous said...

I love grilled veg. My dave side dish ! Looks yummy!!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...