Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thrifting

Last Thursday, I went to visit my cousin in Barrie and dragged her to the Bible Mission Thrift Store where I found a bunch of cool things.

This first vase was $1.50 and very purple.


I wasn't crazy about this colour, though my cousin's daughter loved it, lol.  Anyway, I painted it black and here it is in our living room with some decorative sticks, next to my favourite Ikea lantern.



This basket was $1.00.


I painted it ivory, stuffed it with toiletries for company, and put it in the spare bathroom.


This third piece is nice.  I even like the colour except that it doesn't match anything in our house.  We're all green and gold and brown,....so, I went on behr.ca and checked out complementary colours.  The colour selector agreed that this blue was a punch of colour to accent our olive green but in reality, it just didn't look right.  So this piece is still pending.

It was the most expensive of the bunch at $2 so I really want to make it into something big.  :)  It might be destined for a black paint job and a spot beside the other vase, but I'm hoping for something more interesting.  We'll see.


I'm linking up here:





8 comments:

Ever - The red house by the lake said...

I love to see how some paint can totally transform thrift store finds. They look amazing!

Hard to know what to do with the last vase though... would it work in white? Or gold, maybe?

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

Hi Terri! I live in the Niagara Region too! I LOVE your thrifty finds and what you've done with them. I found some 'finds' at the newly opened Bible Thrift store in Beamsville if your near there. Hit and Miss. My real love is the GBF in Grimsby and also the Bible Thrift Store in St. Catherines as well. So much to see and do! :) Where are your favs in Niagara?

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

Good stuff! I love the basket painted white- it looks so fresh, and the vase painted black looks super by the lantern!

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

Terri, your comment today blessed me, thanks so much. I dance @ New Song Dance Studio in Smithville. Maybe you'll consider it one day?

Town and Country Gals said...

Terry,
You got yourself some great finds, how can you go wrong with a little paint! They turned out fab! Nothing better then geat, cheap, finds!
Rebecca

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

What great finds! What kind of paint did you use? They look great!

The mum of all trades said...

Great ideas!Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I'm really enjoying reading through yours.

Gigi said...

Hello! I'm visiting from Debbiedoo's newbie party.

Isn't it amazing how a little spray paint can completely transform something? I LOVE spraypaint! Congrats on your treasures!

I'm your newest follower; hope you will come visit my blog and follow me, too!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...