Friday, February 18, 2011

Jowl Workout 101


I never thought that I would have any problem getting older.  I’m not really bothered by crow’s feet around my eyes or laugh lines surrounding my mouth.  My hair is greying but L’Oreal makes that a non-issue.  I’m not terribly thrilled with my recent lack of waist but as long as I wear appropriate clothing, that too is not a huge deal.  What I did not anticipate was the ability of saggy jowls to add at least a decade to my appearance.  I find that if I sport a big cheery smile they disappear somewhat, but I’m not really a huge smile kind of person so that isn’t really a solution.



So what’s a gal to do?  I started by Googling jowl exercises and found a few.  Well, quite a few.  Apparently I’m not the only woman worried about her droopy facial muscles.  So that brings me to the next thing that I am going to try – Jowl Workout 101.  They are the most ridiculous-looking exercises of course, certainly nothing you could do with an audience.  So I am going to vow to do five repetitions of three exercises every time I pee.  And I pee a lot so this should work out fine.

All three exercises start with the head tilted backward, always a flattering posture.  The first exercise involves keeping my lips closed, and making a chewing motion.  The second exercise has me trying to bring my bottom lip up over my top lip.  I alternate this movement with sticking out my tongue and trying to touch my chin.  Oh yeah, super attractive.  So I do each of those five times which seems to coincide well with the amount of time it takes to pee.  A perfect match.

I actually started yesterday and after Day 1 those muscles are a little sore.  Does this mean good things for the future?  I certainly hope so.  So now all I have to do is pick a reasonable amount of time.  How about 4 weeks?  So I’ll check back in with you in 4 weeks to see how things are going. 

I know that a before and after picture is key for this type of project, but I honestly can’t bring myself to share the before picture.  Tell you what, I’ll take the before picture and if the after picture shows some kind of remarkable transformation, then I promise to share the before picture with you.  After all, at that point it won’t be my super jowls anymore, will it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how are the jowl exercises going? I've just started doing some myself and wondered if they actually work.

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...