Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Photo Tips - Portrait Poses

Leaning against a wall (or a tree or anything else that is rigid) adds some interest to this photo.

Source
Try a more serious tone instead of a big happy smile to change it up a bit.

Source
Play with eye contact.

Source
If a body part will bend, bend it.  This will add more interest to your photo.

Source

Source

Source
Source
Source

Source

Carefully place hands so that they have something to do in the photo.

Source
How about a prop?

Source
Maybe incorporate your subject's hobbies into the photo with specific props.

Source

Source

More fun to come.  Next week we'll talk about tips for taking family photos and then follow with fun pose ideas the following week.  Happy snapping.


References:
Wikihow
Kreis Beall

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the one of the little girl on her tummy!! I am going to have to try that! So many of these are great. I am just going to have to pin it.:)

Macey said...

Some of my favorite pics are ones that the boys aren't looking at me at all...

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...