Friday, June 10, 2011

Lamp Shade Fail

My Wednesday morning started off at midnight.  I was just about to go to bed, let Danny the dog out for his last pee, when we were hit with a huge thunder and lightning storm.  Now I used to like these storms, forceful and impressive, cooling after a day of humidity, but that was before Danny.  Danny hates storms and will pace and cry all night, i.d. tag jangling all the way.  Nobody gets any sleep.



Hubbie had to catch an early plane and really needed his sleep so I kept Danny company, trying to sleep fitfully on the couch while he shook like those beds you put a quarter in.  Finally he stopped crying and we both slept, sort of.  I won't even try to describe the position I woke up in, but my neck is still angry at me.

From there, Wednesday morning didn't get any better.  I had a freshly painted lamp that needed a shade revamp.  How about stencils?  Great idea. I dug around in some old stencil books, hoping to find something usable.


Here is what I found.  I decided to do the stencil on the left side.  I kept thinking, this is going to turn out great.

I can't remember where, but somebody suggested using mod podge to seal the edges of a stencil before painting.  Sounded good to me so that's what I did.  Only,.......I'm guessing she let hers dry first because here is how mine turned out.


Yeah, not so good.

I have repainted the lamp shade to white and will try something else in the near future,.....I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Sallie said...

Oh, poor Danny. Thank goodness our dog now is not frightened of storms, but we had one for 15 years who was terrified. We had to actually sedate her during two hurricanes.
So sorry about the lamp shade disaster! It happens to all of us. I like your honesty!

Tanya said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this problem on blogger, phew! Hopefully it will be back up soon! Have a wonderful day :)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Danny is so cute, glad he calmed down. What, you don't like the way the stencil turned out? I think it has a quirky Adams Family mystique. LOL

Donna said...

I myself have had craft fails. The challenge I love is trying to make it work somehow and I usually do. I am sure you will too!

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...