I've been meaning to do something with it for weeks now but haven't been inspired. Turned out tonight was the night. I went at it with some ribbons, pearls and gold to give it a Victorian effect.
I started by painting the cardboard piece using acrylic paint in 'spun gold'.
Next I glued a cream-coloured ribbon to the back and then just started to wrap it around randomly, trying to get a nice-looking pattern on the front. When that ribbon was finished I added a lacy version of the same ribbon.
I dug out the rest of the garland that was leftover from the Angel Face project.
I separated the gold beading from the pearls and glued the gold beading around the edge of the heart. The pearls were glued onto the back with the tassel at the top so that I could hang the heart (though I haven't figured out where it's going so I'm not sure that's going to be necessary).
The last thing I did was to cut off a handful of pearls and glue them individually at intervals on the front.
I'm linking up here: