Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Blue and Silver Bracelet

I saw a bag of these jump rings and decided to pick them up on a whim.


When I googled jump ring bracelets I found some inspiration.  In particular, I like this one from Cassidy's Creations:



I wanted more colour than the all-silver bracelet, but I really liked the multiple jump rings in the chain.  I started with a simple chain of jump rings, alternating single ring then double ring.  Single ring, double ring.  Once I had it as long as I wanted (I did 7 inches long), I went back to the start and added a jump ring and blue bead into the single rings.  


I happened to have a barrel clasp so I used that.  It's tricky to do up on your own.  :)


Here is the final bracelet with matching earrings (and this way you don't have to look at my man hands - when did that happen?).


I'm linking up with these parties:


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry! Oh, aren't you the most talented one! I would have never thought of doing something like this. Your jewelry is beautiful.
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Town and Country Gals said...

Terry,
Thanks for visiting me! Your braclet and earrings are so cute! The bracelet looks like it would make a perfect charm braclet, room for lots of charms. Love your previous post, your babies are so cute! I am your newest follower, would love for you to be mine! Will be checking back often!

Michelle said...

Wow! These are really pretty. So many talents!

Tanya said...

That is so pretty. I want to try this one.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Wow!!! It looks fabulous!! I am very impressed with your jewelry making skills. ;)

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Hope you'll stop by Serenity Now again soon! :)

Unknown said...

how pretty! i like jumprings creations, don't have the patience to do them! found you at debbie debbidoos

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Terry, that was really clever thinking. It turned out so cute. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You really have some patience to do these. I love the addition of the blue beads.
Tammy

Unknown said...

Ooh, I really like this! I just started making jewelry about two weeks ago, and I never thought to double up on jump rings like that...looks great! I'd love for you to stop by my blog http://oneartmama.blogspot.com and let me know what you think of my beginner efforts! I'm your newest follower.

If you enjoyed this read,...

Consider joining me over at my active blog: Write Create Connect
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...